student juried exhibition: Call for Entries
Due: February 5 at 11:59 PM
Exhibition Dates: March 1 – 13
This annual juried competition celebrates the distinguished work of Texas State University students. This year’s juror is Jenny Gheith, Assistant Curator of Painting and Sculpture, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
● Open to all School of Art and Design areas. Open to majors and non-majors.
● Artworks must have been created in a School of Art and Design course taken between Spring 2018 and Fall 2018.
● No artwork previously exhibited in a Student Juried Exhibition is allowed.
● Submit entries via email to email@example.com.
● Up to 2 entries per student. Each entry may have up to 3 accompanying detail images if needed.
● Entries should be submitted as jpegs (1024 max px @ 72 ppi is ideal); no image files larger than 2MB.
● Audio or Video: any standard file format or link to video hosting site.
● Label files as follows: YourLastName_FirstInitial_TitleOfWork. Add “_Detail” if it is a detail image.
● Include a checklist with your submission containing the following information for each artwork, and attach this checklist as a Word document.
o Last name
o First name
o Artwork title
o Artwork year
o Artwork medium
o Artwork dimensions (h x w x d)
● Send images and checklist in a SINGLE email. DO NOT send these items separately.
● Selected artworks must be exhibition-ready when delivered to the galleries for installation, i.e. mounted, framed, with hanging hardware, and special instructions if needed.
● Artwork exhibited must be the same artwork submitted for juror selection.
● February 5: All entries due by 11:59 PM
● February 18: Students selected will be notified by email
● February 21: Selected artworks delivered to the galleries between 9 AM and 5 PM
● March 1: Opening reception from 5 – 6 PM. Awards announced at 5:30 PM
o The artists whose works are selected must bring refreshments for the reception; deliver these to the galleries’ kitchen between 9 AM and 4 PM on March 1.
● March 14 & 15: Artwork pick up between 9 AM and 5 PM
● Up to 3 Juror’s Merit Awards of $250 each.
● 1 Best in Show Award of $500. Best in Show Award winner will represent next year’s Student Juried Exhibition in Texas State Galleries’ publicity materials.