student juried exhibition: Call for Entries
Due: February 14, 11:59 PM
Exhibition Dates: March 26 – April 10
This annual juried competition celebrates the distinguished work of Texas State University students. This year’s juror is Natalie Bell, Associate Curator at the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York.
● Open to all School of Art & Design areas. Open to majors and non-majors.
● Artworks must have been created in a School of Art & Design course taken between Spring 2017 and Spring 2018.
● No artwork previously exhibited in a Student Juried Exhibition is allowed.
● Submit entries via email to email@example.com.
● Up to 2 entries per student. Each entry may have up to 3 accompanying detail images if needed.
● Entries should be submitted as jpegs (1024 max px @ 72 ppi is ideal); no image files larger than 2MB.
● Audio or Video: any standard file format or link to video hosting site.
● Label files as follows: YourLastName_FirstInitial_TitleOfWork (add “_Detail” if a detail image).
● Include a checklist with your submission containing the following information for each artwork; attach the checklist as a Word document.
o Last name
o First name
o Artwork title
o Artwork year
o Artwork medium
o Artwork dimensions (h x w x d)
● By the delivery date, accepted artworks must be exhibition-ready (mounted, framed, with hanging hardware, and special instructions if needed).
● Artwork exhibited must be the same artwork submitted for juror selection.
● February 14: All entries due by 11:59 PM
● March 5: Students selected will be notified by email
● March 19 & 20: Selected artworks delivered to the Galleries between 9 AM and 5 PM
● March 26: Opening reception from 5 – 6 PM. Awards announced at 5:30 PM. The artists whose works are selected must bring food for the reception.
● April 11 & 12: Artwork pick up
● 3 Juror’s Merit Awards of $250 each.
● 1 Best in Show Award of $500. Best in Show Award winner will represent next year’s Student Juried Exhibition in Texas State Galleries’ publicity materials.